Thursday, January 18, 2007

Life is a gamble ?

On a warm summer evening on a train bound to Norway
I met up with a gambler, we were both too tired to sleep
So we took turns at watching at the window at the darkness
The boredom overtook us and he began to speak
Said son i ve made my life out of reading people's faces
knowing what the cards are by the way they held their eyes.
So if u dont mind my saying, for a taste of your whisky I ll give u some advice
So i hand to him my bottle and he drank down my last swavel
then he bummed a cigarette asked me for a light
and the night got deathly quiet and his face lost all expression
and somewhere in the darkness the gambler he broke even
in his final words i found an ace that i could keep
You gotta know when to hold them
know when to fold them
know when to walk away
know when to run
you never count your money while u re sitting at the table
u ll have time enough to count it when the deal is done

No comments: