Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Connaissaire de la langue Francaise

I am Sanjay Bhatnagar from West Delhi. I am an Electronics / Computer science engineer from IIT Delhi, by profession. I work on the LAMP stack linked to database performance tuning & optimization. So I am mostly into the details of the Linux OS, Apache server, MySQL & PHP. I work from home as a consultant freelancer with a high-tech company into IT from Noida.

Apart from work I have many passions and interests. One is playing games like Billiards and Snooker on weekends or whenever possible.

There is another passion which is the French language which I find fascinating. Earlier in my career I had been on a training for Alcatel, the Telephone exchange giant, in Brittany in France. Finally I stayed over six years in this marvellous country and learned the French language first hand. Before going there, in Mumbai and Delhi I used to practice regularly with a guide and cassettes. So I already had much theoretical knowledge about the grammar and vocabulary of the language. Once there I was required to work in French from day number one.

Now I am still keeping in touch with the language through reading, friends and occassional assignments. Plus I have been and keep coaching students of all levels for French language. Then I have done lot of translation and interpretation assignments.

I am confident that I can tutor anyone from scratch to speak the language in 3-6 months. And now with tele-technologies and skype etc it is possible to have conferences almost like live presence. So distance is no problem. With real time audio and video the time to travel is also cut dwon.

French is a very rich language and much more ancient than English. In fact English is much influenced by French in many ways. There is some portion which is common between the two languages but the prononciation in French is drastically different from English & that is why it is quite difficult for students from English background, especially to speak. It is supposed to be the most sweet language of the world and pleasing to listen to.

Knowledge of French is a big push to the career for any young individual as it is nearly the second most spoken langauge of the world after English. France is a delightful country with exquisite cuisine and many beautiful attractions including the long coastline full of beaches and rocks. And obviously the well known city of Paris is a very big tourist attraction with the river Seine and the Eiffil tower.

No comments: